Friday 8 June 2012

Currently.

Watching: as I've mentioned before, I have the unashamed viewing habits of a 16 year old girl. Well OK so slightly shaming, but hey, I am what I am.  So it's only natural that now I've exhausted all my Gossip Girl/Vampire Diaries/Ringer/Pretty Little Liars/Revenge mandatory viewing, I've been casting about for another puerile pre-pubescent show to get addicted to. So it just seemed fitting to make my next TV crush The Bachelorette. I didn't see Emily on her series but she seems sweet and I'm looking forward to watching the latest batch of attention-seeking media whores charming gentlemen trying to sweep her off her feet. All together now...awwww.

Listening to: Darren Percival's I Believe (When I Fall in Love it Will Be Forever) from The Voice. This show has become addictive viewing and whilst I always liked Darren, he was secondary to some other standouts. Well that was until last Monday night. All I can say is that he OWNED it. There is something about watching him sing that is incredibly moving, he clearly is just born to perform and as Joel put it, it felt like we were all baptised. It sounds so cheesy but he's the kind of guy that when he smiles, the whole world smiles with him. If he was a born-again preacher, I'd be a convert. Enough said.

Thinking about: how much my life has changed in the past month but just how incredibly RIGHT and natural everything seems. All my anxiety is gone and I realised today that it really seems so odd that I've only been working in my new job for 2 weeks...it feels like I've been there for so much longer, I feel so settled and welcomed and at 'home'. And in two weeks E has made a group of firm friends, has eased into school like he's been there forever, and has even had a girl or two slipping him their phone numbers angling for a date! (oh God, it's starting).

We love our house, particularly now the shower 'issue' has been resolved (and I can I just say that last night's shower was probably the best one I've ever had!) and life right at this minute is really quite wonderful. I am so excited and happy to be here and now just wonder why it took me so bloody long to leave the rat-race in the first place. I've put in a couple of long days but instead of being shattered when I walk in the door, I simply feel like I've done a good day's work and am pleasantly tired. What a difference it has made already to our lives! E simply adores having so much more time to practice on his Ripstik down the driveway, and just knowing he's playing in the fresh air instead of being trapped inside a unit watching TV makes my heart sing. I still occasionally walk through my house and get that start of, OMG we LIVE here! I hope that feeling never leaves because I really think we've hit on the secret to a great life here in Toowoomba. Even little things like listening to dogs barking (which is a novel experience, having not heard it in the neighbourhood for some years) is lovely, although I may contradict myself in weeks to come if it continues!

I really felt like I would miss Brisbane so badly and of course there are people I miss talking to every day and it hit me today that I haven't opened Excel since I left my last job (and in my last role I LIVED in that bloody programme) but otherwise (or in the case of Excel, in SPITE of) I really just feel quite free. Jumping off that cliff and praying for the best has paid off.

Missing: My sister and beautiful nephew and niece. Having a second television that picks up reception. Sushi.

Anticipating: our first Brisbane visitors! Our planned visit from E's mate was delayed due to poor Z getting shingles of all things, however he's well enough and not contagious to come tomorrow after all and stay through to Monday. Looks like the airbed purchase is not in vain after all! Apparently I'm  now charged with writing a blog post on what it's like to have a drunk guest in my home, and I also better beef up security as I've been warned Z's mum may just hack me and post something of her own. Ha.

Loving: this blog from an old school friend Rebecca Conway and the following quote from her Facebook page:

You've got to jump off cliffs all the time and build your wings on the way down. Ray Bradbury.

Funnily enough I heard the quote just this week as it's my new boss's favourite quote, and absolutely reflects my whole leap of faith to move to Toowoomba. Life is funny like that. Bec's speciality is shifting blocked energy to help you make changes to your life. A quote from her website is 'clearing long held ancestral and self-sabotaging patterns allowing for great self-confidence, more vitality, physical flexibility and inner peace'. I've only just heard of what Bec does and I'm really intrigued and want to know more. She really puts into words what I've been feeling for quite some time, and taking my own cliff-jump has really proved to me that she's onto something.

It must be a Bec thing.

I must be making up for my poor writing performance earlier in the week as suddenly I can't seem to shut up. Not that this is remotely unusual.

What are you up to currently? Feel free to write your own 'currently' post and link back to me in the comments. And don't forget to follow me on the link below!

xx


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bec,

loved the post and well written, I wish we got together sooner before you left xxx

Unknown said...

Thanks Bec! I will be back in Brisbane a lot to catch up with the girls and you should definitely come. We love getting together as often as we can and it's worth the trip down the mountain. I'd love to hear more about what you do, it sounds amazing and like I said in my post, so reflective of where my life is at, right at this moment.